July, 25, 2023
How to Prevent and Control Pests at Your Home?
Are you buying a new house in Houston soon?
Houston is the 4th largest populous city in the U.S. In comparison to the population, the issue of pests is also concerning the people. Given the mild tropical climate of Houston with rare cold snaps and freezes: pests and rodents multiply here faster than in any other region in Texas. With humidity levels attracting a wide range of species, it is no wonder Houston Pest Control Company in Houston providers are always in high demand.
But don’t worry. This guide will show you how to prevent and control pests and rodents in your Houston home. We will tell you about the common problems that you may encounter and how to identify them.
Here are some of the common pests that you may encounter in your home:
- Mice: These small rodents can squeeze through small gaps, so make sure there are no openings. They like to nest in moist areas, so keep your home dry and clean. They can also carry diseases and damage your property with their gnawing.
- Mosquitoes: These flying insects are very annoying and can transmit diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, and Zika virus. They lay their eggs in water, so check for any potential drainage issues or standing water at your new home. They are more active during the summer months.
- Cockroaches: These creepy crawlers are attracted to food crumbs, spills, and garbage, so keep your home clean and store food in sealed containers. They can also trigger asthma attacks or allergies in some people.
- Bed bugs: These tiny insects feed on human blood while you sleep. They can hitch a ride on clothing or luggage, so be careful when you buy second-hand clothes or travel. They can cause allergic reactions, rashes, or itching at the site of their bite. They are very hard to get rid of once they infest your home. So, call for professional Bed bug treatment in Houston right away!
Here are some tips to Prevent Pests Control in Houston:
There are multiple home Pest Control Treatment options to consider when you want to keep pests out of your home. The most effective approach, however, is often a combination of different methods:
– Eliminate any places where water can accumulate, such as leaky pipes, clogged drains, or puddles.
– Install screens on windows and doors to keep flying insects out.
– Use pesticides to kill any existing pests, but follow the instructions carefully and keep them away from children and pets.
– Keep outdoor trash cans away from your home and use security or locking lids on them.
– Remove any piles of organic debris, garbage, or construction debris from your property, as they can attract pests.
– Trim back overgrown trees and vegetation from your home.
– Inside your home, keep storage areas neat and organized, remove trash daily, vacuum regularly, and keep the kitchen and pantry areas clean. Wash dirty dishes every day.
Tips to Control Pests in Your Home:
If you already have pests in your home, don’t panic. Here are some tips you can do to control them:
- Use traps or repellents. You can buy these products from any store or online. Follow the instructions carefully and place them where you have seen signs of pests. Check them regularly and dispose of any dead pests safely.
- Use natural remedies. You can also use natural remedies to repel pests, such as peppermint oil, vinegar, or baking soda. These substances can create an unpleasant smell or taste for pests, so they will avoid them. However, they may not be very effective or long-lasting, so use them with caution.
- Call a professional pest control company in Houston. They have the expertise and equipment to deal with any kind of pest problem. They will inspect your home, identify the source of the infestation, apply the appropriate treatment, and monitor the results.
We hope this guide has helped you understand how to prevent and control pests. If you follow these tips, you can enjoy your time at home without worrying about pests.
Call now for Pest Control in Houston so that the bugs don’t bug you.